Dr. S. M. Khan
Dr. Sandra M. Khan completed both her B. SC (1987) and M.D. (1991) at the University of Toronto. She became certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) following completion of her Family Medicine Residency training at the University of Toronto in 1993. She has been practicing comprehensive care family medicine since 1993 and has practiced at The Medical Centre in Peterborough since 2001. She has also completed a Masters Degree in Public Health from the University of Texas at the Houston Health Science Center in 2002.
All requests for an appointments will be triaged (prioritized) by the receptionist and documented for chief complaint. Patients will be asked to provide specific information about their concern(s) and reason for their visit. This is necessary to appoint the appropriate scheduling and allotted time. Please arrive on time. We will do everything we can to ensure that the office runs efficiently and on time. We reserve the right to rebook patients who are late for appointments.
- Doctor-on-call There is a doctor-on-call for Medical Centre patients only from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- After Hours Clinic Monday to Thursday 5:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am to 2:00pm and Sundays 9:00am to 12:00pm. These services are for Medical Centre patients only and are available by appointment only. Call 705-743-6222
- If your concern is of a more immediate nature, please go to the nearest Emergency Department
Missed Appointment Policy
24 hours cancellation notice is required or patient will be charged for missed visit.
Prescriptions will not be routinely renewed over the phone unless previously agreed. It is the patient’s responsibility, as an active partner in their health care, to monitor their prescriptions and make appointments/requests at least 2 weeks prior to prescriptions expiring. We will do our best to review medication lists at each visit and therefore maintain an up-to-date list of prescriptions on a regular basis.
What to Bring to Each Visit
- All current medications in their bottles (if not practical, a list with name, dose & frequency)
- Health Card (without Health card, you will not be seen)
Not all services provided are covered by OHIP. As such, you will be asked to pay for certain services. A list of these services will be posted in our office. Non-payment, within a reasonable time frame, will result in a letter of warning. Non-payment twice will result in a discontinuation of uninsured services for that particular patient and may result in this patient no longer being a member of Dr. Khan’s family practice. That said, we realize and will always take into consideration that some patients may not be able to pay for these services. Please do not hesitate to inform us if these charges pose a financial hardship to you. Alternative arrangements can be made and this will not result in any penalty.